Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Three Broken Promises (Drew & Fable #3) by Monica Murphy

Out December 31, 2013

Synopsis:
Commitment. That’s what I really want from Colin. Ever since my brother, Danny, died in Iraq, Colin’s done so much to help me, including giving me a job at his popular restaurant so I can leave my crappy waitressing job at the strip joint. But lying in bed with him every night to comfort him from his horrible nightmares isn’t enough anymore. I know he feels guilty about Danny’s death, about not going to Iraq, but I can’t keep living this double life.

I love him desperately, but he’s got so many demons, and if he can’t open up to me now, then he’ll never be the real partner I need him to be. I gave him a month, and now I’m out of here. If he truly loves me like he says, he knows where to find me.


Excerpt:
Turning, I head straight for the door, praying he'll chase after me, grab me, kiss me senseless.

At the very least, yell at me to stop, beg me to listen to his explanations. I want that glimpse into his soul, his heart. The wall he's built around it is made of steel, absolutely impenetrable, but I want to be the only one who can bust it down.

Yet he does nothing. Absolutely nothing. Just lets me go, as usual, without saying a word.

No comments:

Post a Comment