Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Beck (Corps Security #3) by Harper Sloan

Out December 23, 2013

Synopsis:
DEE
I’ve always been good at wearing masks. Not letting anyone see the real me. I’m content being the happy-go-lucky best friend. The strong willed boss. The independent woman who doesn’t need a man. But the truth is I’m just as broken as the rest of you. I’m terrified that all it will take is one person to make all my carefully constructed walls crumble into fine dust. So I guard my heart with everything I have. Determined to never let anyone get close enough to hurt me again. All is perfect until HE walks into my life. No… he doesn’t just walk. He struts his good-looking, sex-oozing self right into my space and demands that I see HIM. Making me want what I know I can’t have. So I did the only thing I know how to do. I run. But he just won’t let me go.

BECK
The second I see her, I know she will be mine. I see past the gorgeous smiles and heart-stopping laughter. I see HER. She doesn’t want me to know her secrets or the past that haunts her, but I make it my mission to find out. To make her mine. She can run all she wants, but it will never be far enough to stop me from coming after her.  She’s it for me and she knows it. She’s just too scared to admit it.



Excerpt:
"If you don't stop treating me like a damn child, I'm going to lose it. I mean it, Beck. I want to go home. I want to sleep iin my own bed." He laughs, actually laughs in my face before turning back to the stove and flipping the pancakes he's working on.

Oh, the infuriating man. And daamn him for making pancakes worthy of me kissing his feet.

It's been two weeks. Two damn weeks since I've been released from the hospital, and he hasn't left my side once. He's becoming Betty freaking Crocker and Suzie Homemaker all rolled into one, too good looking for his own good man. He cooks my meals, does my laundry, and I bet if I asked, he's wipe my ass for me.

Don't get me wrong. I'm thankful for the assistance, but I haven't left the house once since we've been back. The first week, I don't think I could've left if I'd wanted to. My ribs screamed in pain whenever I moved, and my face would've given small children nightmares. I still look like I fought a semi and lost, but at least the bruises aren't as ugly and vibrant as before and the swelling has gone down enough that I look somewhat normal.

Now, I just want out. I want to got to my own house, sleep in my own bed and put some space between us. Oh, who am I kidding? The main reason I want out is because he's making me feel things that scare the shit out of me... making me believe that whatever I've been avoiding this whole time is possible.

He's making me want everything he's laying down at my feet. He's making me crave everything that I've been running from.

And he's got me so turned on that all he would need to do is say 'come', and I'm pretty sure my body would detonate like a perfectly crafted bomb.

No comments:

Post a Comment