Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Down London Road (On Dublin Street #2) by Samantha Young


I didn't like Down London Road at all. It seemed to drag on forever and I lost interest in the story halfway through the book. I didn't like the whole love quadrant. Jo has a boyfriend and Cam has a girlfriend but they secretly want each other. They should of just broke up with their partners and got together instead of dragging the book on forever.

The names in the book were too similar to each other. Jo, Joss, Callum, Cam, Cole, Becca, Braden, Brian. I kept getting confused at what was going on and with who. Jo has too many love interests and I guess the whole point of her talking about them was so the reader could understand her better, but it just confused me more. I didn't need to know her whole love life in the story.

I didn't like the built up to Cam and Jo getting together. I knew it was going to happen but it was taking way to long and then when it finally happen, it was bland. They didn't really have chemistry or even lust. It seemed more like a friendship to me. Nothing good in this happen until the end. That's where it got interesting and was sort of a page turner. 

Jo just didn't seem like a woman I could relate to. I understood her problems, her family issue and the reason she dates rich men but as a person she seemed really boring. Cam seemed like an alright hot guy, but he too didn't really peek my interest. I like Cole, Jo's younger brother. He seemed like a nice kid even though he was a teenager and they're normally really bratty in real life. 

This book wasn't for me. I just couldn't get into it and was boring.

No comments:

Post a Comment