Monday, November 25, 2013

Heaven's Sinners (The MC Sinners #2) by Bella Jewel


Heaven's Sinners was an okay book for me. I liked the characters in this book better than the first one. I like the different perspective aspect of the book. I like when the author writes the story from both points of view. I like knowing what is going on in each characters head. I didn't like how whiny Ciara was. I don't know if it was just me but Ciara complained and whined a lot. A little too much for a grown woman. I like how she was dealing with everything and was on her own in a way but the crying was too much. Spike was a typically man and didn't show his emotions a lot. He also couldn't make up his mind. He wanted Ciara but then he didn't want her. I though only females changed their minds as much as Spike did.

Spike is dealing with butt loads of guilt and regret that came from loosing his wife which also happens to be Ciara's sister. Ciara and her family blames Spike for her death. Ciara is also mad at Spike for choosing her sister over her. Ciara and Spike were friends that always wanted each other but never told each other their feelings. Ciara always came in second place when it involved her sister. She could never get out from behind her shadow. She always thought Spike would choose her over her sister. However, Spike got tired of being in the friend zone and moved on to the sister. They need up getting married and she dies in a car chase.

Ciara hates that Spike chose her sister and also hates her sister for being with Spike. She still wants Spike after everything that happen. She decides to forgive him and move past their past. She wants to help Spike get over everything. They become friends again with a little extra benefits too. Spike is out for revenge against the man that killed his wife. Ciara doesn't want Spike to go after him. Spike ends up hurt and in the hospital and Ciara ends up pregnant. At first, Spike doesn't want kids but then warms up to the idea. Spike tells Ciara it was always her. He always wanted her and loved her even when he was with her sister.

There is some steamy sex scenes, more baggage and some off the wall craziness. I liked Spike a lot more than Cade from the first book. I think his character is super sexy and mysterious. This book was more emotional but it just wasn't for me. I had a hard time getting into it.

No comments:

Post a Comment