Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Baiting The Maid Of Honor (Wedding Dare #2) by Tessa Bailey


Baiting The Maid Of Honor was a great, easy read. There wasn't anything spectacular about the book. It was different in the sense that there are 4 books in the series and they're all written by different authors. Other than that, it was just a normal book. The storyline was a little different but I had a feeling like I read the book before but with different characters.

Reed and Julie are complete opposite in every sense. Julie is rich, polish, uptight, spoiled, privileged and perfect in every way. Reed is dangerous, dark, moody, confusing, commanding, a Swat commander and delicious. They meet at a mutual friend's wedding. Julie is the maid of honor and has planned out the whole week leading up to the weeding for everyone. Reed is a last minute wedding party addition. They meet on a balcony. Julie step out for a breather and Reed was in the shadows watching her. They start a dangerous game of cat and mouse. Julie doesn't want Reed. She wants clean and tidy but only Reed turns her on like no other. The game ends when Reed gets Julie to admit she wants him. Reed wants Julie for sex but after he has her, he wants to keep her forever. They both are from the same city and realize that maybe they could make it work. Julie deals with some heavy family stuff and Reed didn't have a great childhood.

I loved that Julie made Reed work for it a little bit. She didn't just give into his charm. She challenged him. Their banter and Reed being a demanding asshole were also some of my favorite parts. I like that every book I have read where the guy had a bad childhood, his character is dark, dangerous and controlling. It's like there is a writing handbook that says when the guy is screwed up make him dangerous. I did love his dangerous side. Reed also had a secret romantic side that I don't even think he knew he had. He knew the way to a woman's heart and he didn't even have to try hard. I didn't love that they knew each other for a couple of days and were already thinking about the future. That was a little quick.

1 comment:

  1. I constantly emailed this webpage post page to all my friends, for the reason that if like to read it after that my friends
    will too.

    My blog; Natural Ceramides Reviews

    ReplyDelete