Sunday, June 29, 2014

Cooper (Corps Security #4) by Harper Sloan

Synopsis:
Do you take me seriously? Because I don’t. I use my jokes and easygoing personality to hide the pain I’ve felt since he took his last breath. I’m adrift without my partner in crime, my best friend…my brother. I can taste the vengeance just within my grasp. Until she barges into my life. Promising me happiness and a peace I’ve been craving for years. She is the sun to my darkness, the happy to my despair. But she holds secrets. Just like I do. She holds hers close, where I just pray mine don’t rock the walls we’re trying to build. Now I’m stuck at a crossroads between my desire for revenge and my craving for her and the life we could have together—and I have no idea which road I should travel. All I know with crystal clear certainty is that the past has the power to destroy it all.

Teaser 1:
The feeling of something tightening against my stomach makes me calm down long enough to make sure the baby is okay. I reach down and scream when I feel warm skin, coarse hair and an arm that does not belong to me.

Teaser 2:
Hearing her say we're causes my heart to leap in my chest. Goddamn, this woman unmans me.
"I like the sound of that," I tell her honestly.

Teaser 3:
"There's nothing to be sorry about. I've got a healthy baby boy, a great fiance, and...and I just sent my book off to my editor, Mickey. Trust me, Dee. It's okay."

No comments:

Post a Comment