Monday, October 13, 2014

Reaper's Stand (Reaper's MC #4) by Joanna Wylde


I love biker books. I think they're my favorite kind of book to read sometimes. There is just something about a sexy, strong, tattooed biker that makes me so happy. Reaper's Stand was a good read, it didn't hold my attention like some of Joanna Wylde's other books, but it was still good. I did think there was something missing. It had the biker, the drama, a strong female and the hot sex, but something was lacking for me and I couldn't figure it out.

I love Picnic. I thought he was a great dad that lost his wife and raised his kids on his won and deserved happiness more than any of the bikers. I'm glad he finally got that. I didn't like London so much. I thought she was strong but not for Picnic. I saw him with someone completely different than her. London was independent, strong, took care of herself and her responsibilities, had her own business and didn't sleep around, but there was something missing with her. She didn't fit into the biker world. When I compared London to the other biker old lady's she just doesn't fit to me. She's way beyond different than them.

Jessica was annoying to me. I know she has problems and was acting like a normal teenager too. But WTF. I didn't act like her and I didn't know anyone that did. She needed a good spanking, maybe that would have straighten her butt out some.

I think when there is more books in the series, the books start losing the greatest that the first couple of books had. Reaper's Stand was great in its own way but when it follows the books Reaper's Legacy and Devil's Game, it just doesn't compete. It isn't even in the same category. I loved those books and  thought they were beyond great. 

I hope if there is more books in the series that it picks back up the greatest that I love so much about the series. I hope it's Painter's story too. I'm glad Emmy is with Hunter and I felt bad for Painter didn't get the girl, so I hope there is someone for him. Maybe Mellie.

No comments:

Post a Comment