Tuesday, April 22, 2014

The Beast (The Beast #1) by Jaden Wilkes


I don't know really how to feel about this book. I didn't like it but I didn't hate it. It was really... Different. Dark. Disturbing. I haven't read anything like this book before. It covered some pretty scary disturbing topics. I haven't wrapped my head around what I just read. The were parts I liked and parts I couldn't deal with and hated.

The synopsis of book was a little misleading to me. I thought the book was going to be a pretty girl confronting a man in his penthouse. He had a tragic accident and is disfigured now. He doesn't like people seeing him. They argue about some stuff and fight. She leaves. He can't get her out of his head and sort of stalks her. He wants her and tries everything to get her. And in the end they get together. Nowhere near what happens at all.

The Beast as he and everyone calls him seems really sexy, strong, powerful and rich but that pretty much it. He has had a crappy childhood and life. His beautiful face is messed up on the left side from a burn and he keeps himself locked away in his penthouse away from everyone. He doesn't want anyone to know who he is or to see him ever. He was in the mob sort of type of thing and they tried to kill him at some point. He's on the run and trusts no one except his best friend now. He has no emotions and doesn't like to feel anything except pleasure. He is a trained killer and kills for the trill of it.

The main girl Columbia was really messed up. She had a horrible childhood that involved a lot of unwanted sex from the hands of her step father. She is a cutter. It's her only way she knows how to deal with her life. She sneaks into the Beast's penthouse. He almost kills her but then decides to keep her as his pet instead. She doesn't accept this at first but then grows to want the Beast.

I don't see how someone how is being held captive, being used and mistreated would fall in love with the man doing all this to her. I didn't like the abuse- sexually or physically at all. It was disturbing to me. I did however like that the Beast killed the man that had hurt Columbia basically her whole life.

No comments:

Post a Comment