Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Invincible by Alana Albertson


I had high hopes for this book and it let me down. I wanted to like the book and I tried to but there was just too many things wrong with it that I couldn't like. The synopsis made it seemed like it was going to be a great book but it was a lie.

Pros:
1. It was from a guy's POV. I like when authors write a book from a guy's POV. It like getting inside of a guy's head.
2. I like the good guy/hero thing. Pat saved a girl that had been kidnapped years before.
3. It was a fast read if you could get into it.
4. I liked that the author wrote about something that happens all of the world everyday. An girl getting kidnapped and forced into drugs and being a sex slave.
5. Annie's parent's never giving up hope for her return.

Cons:
1. I didn't like Annie. She was kidnapped and forced into being a sex slave. She should be damaged and messed up because of that but right after Pat saves her, she is willing to have sex with him.
2. I understand the drug thing is part of the sex slave thing but I didn't like it. It seemed like too much. Annie was already dealing with a lot and then she had to deal with being a druggie too.
3. I didn't like how Annie referred to herself as a hooker a lot.
4. Patrick is supposed to be a hero. He's a Neal Seal but he goes to a brothel. He knows the girls there are being forced to do things. He doesn't care about the girls except what they can do for him but that changes when he finds out one of them is a kidnapped American.
5. Constantly reminding me that Patrick is a Neal Seal was a little overkill. Also, he constantly stating he couldn't be in a relationship over and over again was enough to drive me crazy. He couldn't be in a relationship cause of something in his past but he get together with Annie no problem.
6. Rescuing Annie seemed a little too easy and unreal. 
7. Annie and Patrick's relationship was off big time. They barely knew each other but yet he proposes to her.
8. Patrick's friends didn't want to help him rescue Annie but when it came time to save her they're all of a sudden of board cause of a "bro code".
9. A lot of things that happen in the book didn't make sense like giving alcohol to a recovering heroin addict. The story had too many holes to make it believable.
10. The ending sucked. It was forced much like the rest of the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment