Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Breathe Into Me by Sara Fawkes


Synopsis:
How did my life get so broken?  It’s a question Lacey St. James asks herself every day. Stuck raising her little brother in a trailer park while she works a dead end job at a grocery store, she has a stalker exboyfriend, a bad reputation, and no way out.
And then she meets Everett, whose presence changes her entire existence.
Everett is an outsider to her small community, in town for the summer housesitting one of the grand mansions off the Mississippi coast. When he saves her in a bar one night, she’s grateful but wary of his intentions. Lacey doesn’t trust most men in her life, but for reasons Lacey she understand, Everett is completely captivated by her. He’s determined to show her that life can offer more than she’d ever hoped for, if only she believes in herself. As she works with him to free herself, Lacey desperately yearns to trust him, to move on and perhaps start fresh.
But what happens when she finds out that everything he’s told her about himself was a lie?

Teaser 1:
“I wouldn’t dream of it, but what’s wrong? Is he your boyfriend?”
“I think he’s stalking me.”
The words sounded pretentious on my tongue, overly dramatic and strange. I worried Clare would shrug it off but she gave me a horrified look that spoke volumes. Whatever she was going to say had to wait until after she rang up the people in her line. My gut churned, and I felt like I was going to be sick.
“Have you told anyone?” she murmured when the line finally disappeared.

Teaser 2:
His face hovered above me, his lips only inches from mine. Around us the storm raged, but for right now there was only the two of us. It took barely a tilt of my head, the smallest of movements, for me to brush my lips across his. I tasted salt mingled with the rain, and wondered if they were his tears or mine. Then Everett’s lips parted, deepening the kiss, and my brain lost focus on everything but his taste.
There was desperation in his kiss, a hunger that answered a similar need inside me. I twined my arms around his neck, pulling him close, sighing into his mouth. Every situation weighing on my mind fled at his touch, and I sighed into his mouth as he gathered me up.

No comments:

Post a Comment