Monday, January 27, 2014

Masquerade (Games #3) by Nyrae Dawn

Masquerade is third book in the Games series by Nyrae Dawn. It's a little slow at the beginning but then picks up a little. It seem to me that the book took forever to get to the climax and then it was over. Out of all of the books in the series, this one is my least favorite. It wasn't because of the characters or the plot but it was too slow paced.

Masquerade is about a guy, Maddox with a ton of misplaced guilt and a girl, Bee who doesn't know who she is. I liked Maddox a lot. Maddox is very protective of the people he cares about. He seems quiet and shy but sexy too. He has tons of walls up to protect himself. He doesn't like letting people in until he meets Bee. I felt like I could relate to Maddox and I loved when I can relate to a character. It gives me a connection to them. Bee was a strong girl. She had been through a lot and she was still fighting. She also doesn't like letting her wall down and letting people in until she meets Maddox. These 2 people were perfect for each other. They understood each other in a way that most characters in a book normally don't. They had chemistry, cute little banter and were attracted to each other.

Maddox runs security at a local club. Bee comes in one night. She finds Maddox and they end up having a one night stand that turns into more. Bee had a screw up childhood. She was kidnapped when she was young and then found 9 years later. Maddox had to grow up fast when his dad went to jail and his mom fell apart. They don't want each other but continue to hang out and eventually fall for each other.

I liked the whole kidnap and found thing that was going on with Bee. It seems like in the last couple of years there was been a few girls that were kidnapped when they were young and found years later and this put everything into perspective for me. I related it to real life. I like the book overall just not how slow paced it was. 

No comments:

Post a Comment