Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Prisoner (Criminals & Captives #1) by Annika Martin and Skye Warren


I loved this book. I should of hated it and I tried to but it was good. I was drawn in from the very first page. There was just something about it. I think I loved the plot of the book. It was a good storyline. I have never read anything like it before. The book is told from Grayson's and Abigail's POV. I absolutely loved Garyson. He alone should have made me hate this story just because of the way he was with Abigail(Abby) at first, but he and his story is what made me love the book. My opinion of him changed towards the end of the book. Grayson was a good person, he just had a messed up life that made him hard and unapproachable and almost incapable of love.

Grayson and Abby had chemistry from the very beginning. Their chemistry had nothing to do with the fact that he was a hot dangerous prisoner and she was a beautiful untouchable girl. It was the way he looked at her and the way he wanted her without really knowing her. The first thought he had when he saw her was mine. He wanted to own her in every possible way.

Grayson was protective of Abby from the moment he saw her. One of his friends told him to kill her and he agreed to but he never had any intention of killing her. He wanted her way too much. He had little day dreams about of what he wanted to do to her. Even after he got what he wanted from Abby, he still wanted her. She was a piece of heaven to him. He was an escape prisoner that took Abby hostage, so he should be dangerous, but he was still nice to Abby in his own way. He made sure she was taken care of, fed her, cleaned her wounds, and made sure she got sleep. He protected her the best way he knew how. It was like he had a heart and could be a good person if he tried. Maybe he only tried to be a good person with Abby. He was mean to her and made her do some degrading stuff, but I saw it as a way to prove Abby wanted him.

Abby was a do gooder. She was college student that hid behind her glasses and book. She too had a bad life growing up. Her mom was a drug user and ended up overdosing. Abby killed her mom's boyfriend when she was younger and then killed again for Grayson. Grayson made her feel things. She never had the love or attention Grayson gave her. The first time she saw him she was drawn to him. He sparked something in her. I loved how Abby came to depend on Grayson.

I loved Prisoner. I hope there is more books in the series. There is way more story left to be told. I want to know what happens with Grayson and Abby, the other guys in the book and the plot was left open. It needs another book so the reader can know what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment