Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Denied (One Night #2) by Jodi Ellen Malpas


Denied was a good second book in the series. I didn't really see a point in the book besides the fact I got to read about Miller and Olivia. Nothing big happen, there wasn't a big climax or anything. Most of the book, Miller chases Olivia around trying to get her to forgive him, they have a couple of chapters of happiness and then Miller pushes Olivia away. The book goes downhill from the there. Not in a bad way but just a lot starts to happen at the end and it was hard to keep up with everything happening.

Miller was still uptight as ever but we got to see glimpses of his fun side. He does have a sense of humor (who knew) under all the perfect control freak ways. He also has a crazy bad temper. I was shocked when he would go off. He would get so mad and would start yelling and fighting people. The little details about his life was also a little shocking.

I'm glad Olivia made Miller work to get her back. Normally, in books when the couple breaks up the man apologizes and all is forgiven. The couple goes back to being in love but that wasn't the case here. Even though Olivia was misery and wanted to jump right back into bed with Miller, she fought him, ran from him and made him chase her before she finally got back into bed with him again.

The whole thing with Olivia's mom kind of foreshadowed what was going to happen. Everyone kept talking about her, so I knew eventually she was gonna pop up. I wasn't that surprised when she did. William looking after Olivia annoyed me. He just couldn't leave her alone and I didn't understand it. He wasn't her dad, she didn't have to listen to him. To me, it seemed like William felt responsible for Olivia because he was in love with her mom and couldn't save her. I hated the cliffhanger at the end. I hate cliffhangers in general. I don't see a point in them. At least I won't have to wait long to read the next book. February is only a couple of months away and it will go by fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment