Monday, March 31, 2014

Twisted (Tangled #2) by Emma Chase



Synopsis: 
There are two kinds of people in the world. The ones who look first, and the ones who leap. I’ve always been more of a looker. Cautious. A planner. That changed after I met Drew Evans. He was so persistent. So sure of himself – and of me.

But not all love stories end happily ever after. Did you think Drew and I were going to ride off into the sunset? Join the club. Now I have to make a choice, the most important of my life. Drew already made his –in fact, he tried to decide for the both of us. But you know that’s just not my style. So I came back to Greenville. Alone. Well, sort of alone....

What I've come to realize is that old habits die hard and sometimes you have to go back to where you began, before you can move ahead.


TWISTED picks up two years after Tangled’s end, and is told from Kate’s POV.


Teaser 1:
I step into the apartment. The lights are out. I put my keys on the table and take off my coast. I flick the switch on the wall, flooding the room with light.

And that's when I see him.
Them.

Drew is standing in the middle of our living room, his dress shirt unbuttoned, exposing the chest that I've traced my fingers over a thousand times. The warm, bronze skin I love to touch. He has a half empty bottle of Jack Daniel's in one hand. And the other hand is hidden. Buried.

Teaser 2:
I physically ached for his smile, his scent, his voice.

Imagine a car's going sixty miles an house down a country road and a tree falls and the cars hits it. Boom- instant stoppage. But if the person in the driver's seat isn't wearing a seatbelt? They're still going sixty.

And that's what love is like.

It doesn't just stop. No matter how hurt or wronged or angry you are- the love's still there.

No comments:

Post a Comment