Monday, March 31, 2014

Off The Record (Record #1) by K.A. Linde

I didn't like this book. It wasn't for me. I didn't eve finish it, which isn't normal for me. No matter how horrible a book is, I tried to finish it but I just couldn't with this one.

The characters didn't seem that developed and the author didn't seem like she knew where she was going with the characters. The main characters Liz and Brady didn't have chemistry. It is very important for the main character who the book is about to have chemistry and they lacked it big time. Their whole relationship seemed forced. Their sexual encounters weren't that great either. It seemed like Brady was just using her for sex. He wasn't trying to get to know her outside the bedroom. They didn't have any love and it's suppose to be a love story.

The only thing that held my attention for half the book was the forbidden romance thing. They were sneaking around. Liz used a fake name and Brady would only allow them to be together when he said it was okay. Sneaking around and the thrill of being caught is fun but Brady made it seem like a lot more work than it was.

Liz also seemed a little immature for Brady and she had no personality. I didn't see how so many of the guys in the book wanted her when she seemed dull and boring. She alone lacked character. Brady seemed embarrassed of Liz. He is suppose to be a senator. Liz is a reporter for a college paper. Their relationship is bad for his public image. But I think if he loved her and really wanted to be with her, none of that would have matter. Liz also repeated herself a lot. She would talk about the same thing over and over again. It was boring.

I however don't see why the relationship is so bad. She is single, he is single. They can be together if they want. The senator/reporter thing shouldn't matter so much as it did in the book. I couldn't get into the storyline and thought it was weak. The author could have done better.


No comments:

Post a Comment