Thursday, March 13, 2014

Pretty Little Things by Teresa Mummert

Synopsis:
I was young enough not to understand that my life was different. Colin became the one person that I could count on to protect me. He suffered for the both of us by carrying the burden of our secret.
We were the lucky few that got a chance to start over. A fake family, a new home and a pretty little life built on lies. But while our lives continued to intertwine, we were put on very different paths. Now it was only a matter of time before they collide and the beast behind the beauty is exposed.


Teaser 1:
“Change your outfit, or you’re not leaving.”
“Watch me.” I pivoted on my toes, my long blond curls hitting him in the chest. Two muscular arms banded around my waist, pulling my feet from the ground as he held me against him from behind.
“Annie, I’m a very fucking busy man,” he growled next to my ear. “Do not pull this bullshit tonight. This is not a fucking game. Change your clothes, or I will lock you in your room. Do I make myself clear?”

Teaser 2: 
How many of those have you had?” I asked as I looked up at him over my shoulder.
“Not nearly enough.” He tipped it to his lips again and drained the last of it from his glass before setting it on a side table without a coaster. I tried not to cringe at the watermark it was going to leave on a table that probably cost a small fortune.
“Let’s watch”—his long fingers slid over the movie cases—“this one.” He pulled out the case for Flowers in the Attic.
“Seriously? No.” I took the movie and shoved it back in its spot as my entire body felt hot. Why was he acting like this?
“What’s wrong with a little brotherly love?” he joked as he leaned closer to my neck, his breath tickling my skin as his mouth ghosted over the sensitive flesh. I closed my eyes, breathing in the smell of his No. 1 cologne.

Teaser 3: 
He stood up, towering over me as he pulled his plain white T-shirt over his head and let it fall to the ground next to his feet. “Take off your shirt.”
“What? No. You’re out of your mind!” My voice rose as I clutched my sheet to my chest, shaking my head.
“Annie, I promised, and I meant it. Trust me.” He enunciated each word as his hard gaze bore down at me, but I wasn’t sure he trusted himself.

No comments:

Post a Comment