Monday, March 17, 2014

Beyond Me by Jennifer Probst

Synopsis:
CAN FUN IN THE SUN TURN INTO LASTING LOVE?
Spring break in Key West with my besties was supposed to be casual fun. But I never expected to meet James Hunt. Sex and frolic? Yes! A relationship? No. But his hot blue eyes and confident manner drew me in. And when he let me see the man behind the mask, I fell hard, foolishly believing there could be a future for us. Of course I never considered our relationship might be based on lies…or that his betrayal could rock my foundation and make me question everything I believed in.
OR WILL A LIFE BUILT ON LIES RUIN EVERYTHING?
The moment I saw Quinn I knew I had to have her. She hooked me with her cool eyes and don’t touch me attitude. I had it all, money, social status, and looks. I could get any girl I wanted…until her. When my friends challenged me with a bet to get her into bed by the end of the week, I couldn’t pass it up. But sex wasn’t supposed to turn into love. She wasn’t supposed to change me, push me, and make me want more for myself. She wasn’t supposed to wreck me in all ways. And now, if I can’t turn my lies into truth, I just might lose her forever.

Teaser 1:
James. Please.”
He breathed heavily, and when he finally lifted his head, those aquamarine eyes sucked me in, foggy with lust and naked want. I went to reach for him again, but the sound of laughter close by made me stiffen as reality leaked in. Holy shit, I was on a public beach with people everywhere! This was not like me at all; I was an extremely private person. The thought of strangers watching me practically climb on him with my dress exposing my girly parts freaked me out. Shaking, I tried to pull back, but he realized I was upset and tightened his hold. Tucking my head under his chin, he pressed a kiss into my hair, gently caressing my back.

Teaser 2: 
He shrugged. “Usually after break is over, I move on. Sometimes I stay a week or two longer, depending on my plans.”
I hated the doubts that suddenly sprang to mind. He probably seduced a girl each year, kept her for the week, then moved on. And wasn’t my goal the same thing? So stupid. I had gotten attached after one lousy day in his bed. I’d make a terrible casual lover. I stiffened my resolve to make sure I didn’t make it more than it was, or pressure him in any way. Even after his words that this seemed to mean a bit more than an easy roll in the hay. “Sounds perfect,” I said lightly, finishing up my food.


No comments:

Post a Comment