Thursday, February 6, 2014

The Boy Who Sneaks In My Bedroom Window by Kirsty Moseley


I know this book is a couple of years old and has been out for a while. However, I was looking at reviews for books that I was interested in reading and this book popped up as a book I should read. I don't know why, it's a horrible book. So I had to give my opinion on it.

I read part of this book when it first came out and it's horrible. It shouldn't even be considered a book. I normally have to finish a book when I start it but I couldn't do it with this one. It makes no sense and the main character flip flops a lot in the book. I don't even know how the book got published and so many people have read it.

My friend is the one that told me about the book first. She said she hated it but I wanted to give it the benefit of doubt. I don't like judging books on other people's opinion. I should of listened to my friend. She was right about everything. I don't know who would like this book. I think if someone that is better at writing, rewrote this book, it might be pretty good. It seemed like the author didn't know what she was doing. She didn't know how she wanted the character to act or really do. It does have a good plot. A boy who sneaks into a girls room. There could be a really good story there if someone with more writing experience wrote it.

I think what bothered me the most was the main girl, Amber. She said she didn't like being touched but she let her brother's best friend touch her, lay next to her and grab her butt every chance he gets. She said she wasn't ready for sex but she kept flaunting her body, teasing Liam and flirts with everybody she meets. Supposedly she was rape or molested, I don't really know but she doesn't act like a victim. She seems like she is a girl that would rather mess with a boy's head more than anything.

The main boy, Liam, that Amber is in love with is pretty shade character himself. He says he wants her but then flirts and hangs out with other girls. I also don't see how his parents never noticed he isn't in his room at night. And how could no one at Amber's house not noticed he was sleeping there. If Amber was really sexually abused wouldn't someone keep a better eye on her room and what goes on in there.

The romance was crappy and unrealistic. The characters sucked. And the write was horrible. This book is one of the worse books I have ever came across.

No comments:

Post a Comment