Thursday, April 2, 2015

The Object Of His Desire by S.R. Watson


This was the first book I have read by S.R. Watson and it will probably will be my last. I had huge hopes for this book. I had been waiting for it to come out and for me to get my greedy hands on it forever. The synopsis and the little snippets of the book that I read made me think this book was going to be great or at least somewhat good. I was wrong, so very wrong. It was horrible to me. The cover will draw a female in to read it but the story sucks.

I felt like I was reading about teenagers with the way that acted. I originally thought the characters were going to be in the early 20s so they might be a little mature but they acted like they were still in high school. The love triangle bothered me so much. I don't like when Thor or Landon had a girlfriend and still cheated on her. I also did like that Nevaeh knew about the girlfriend was living with the girlfriend as a roommate and yet still jumped into bed with Thor. I don't like cheaters even in books. I don't see a point in it at all.

Also Thor's girlfriend, I can't remember her name was a total bitch. She was sneaky and mean. She played the innocent good girl, I just want to be friends thing pretty good then she turned mean. I didn't see that one coming. I don't like that she tried to trap Thor with a pregnancy, that shit never works out.

Thor and Nevaeh kept saying they were gonna wait to have sex until he broke up with his girlfriend but then 5 minutes later they were in bed together. It made no sense. They couldn't have some self control for a little while. Nevaeh bothered me so much. She was a virgin and for some reason had a problem with being one. I don't know what authors always make the girls and everyone else in the book have a problem with someone being a virgin. Nevaeh just bugged the hell out of me and I wanted to go through the book and slap some sense into her. And of course she has some huge secret that destroys the already screwed up relationship she and Thor having going on. Thor's friends were horrible characters as well. They acted like they had no social skills or home training. I would not want to be friends or even meet those people in real life.

I for some reason having been reading some shitty books as on lately. I need a great book that has me dying to know what happens instead of dying to just finish and be done with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment