Monday, April 13, 2015

Lately...

Lately I haven't been reading much. After several horrible books it seems I have lost interest in reading. My kindle is full of books I want to read and that seem interesting but I haven't gotten to them, yet. Every book I read seems good and interesting at first until I read a whole chapter and then I am sadly let down. I am tried of being let down with a horrible book so for now I don't read. I stop mid point with a book name Hurricane or something that seemed promising and had so much potential with hot fighter tattoo guy and shy girl, but it too was a major let down after a couple of chapters. I will finish it, eventually, it just seems to be taking me awhile.

I am in serious need of a really great book. A book that questions everything I have read before and makes me want to re-read the book over and over again. I want a great love story with a super sexy guy mixed with a little humor. I want the girl to be great and not a sad little scared pushover. I need a great book. I miss reading great books that I'm still thinking about days later. Great books that I tell my friends and family about. Great book with great characters that I wish I could meet in real life and be friends with them. I want to go to that happy place that I always escape to while reading. I miss that happy place.

I read a quote once, I don't remember where it was from or who said it but it has always stuck with me. It said "A great book should leave you with many experiences and slightly exhausted, you live several lives with reading." I want to experience that again. I loved when books take me to a different place and I get wrap up in the characters. Reading for me is what watching certain tv shows is to many people. You get wrap up in the story, the characters, the plot, the lives and can't wait to find out what is going to happen next. I miss that. I need that again. I want that again. Hopefully, I found that again soon. I miss reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment