Wednesday, March 11, 2015

The Untouchables (Ruthless People #2) by J.J. McAvoy


I loved The Untouchables but I also knew I would. Liam and Melody are brutal. They fight each other and the world and I loved it. Nothing stands in their way. I love how Liam and Melody were apart of an arranged marriage but ended up falling in love. They seriously love each other and it shows in this book. They will do anything for each other. There are a lot of POVs in this book. It works for this book. Normally, it would be too much or too confusing but for a book like this there has to be multiple POVs to make the book make sense. A lot happens and it's better when there are multiple people telling the reader what is happening.

I thought Melody was getting a little soft at one point in the book but she proved to be the same mean bitch like always. She's a very tough woman and I have one serious woman crush on her. She shoots her own husband, fights him and shoots drug dealers while pregnant, helps her sister in laws and gets a little emotional about being pregnant and her supposedly dead mom.

I love how Melody and Liam fight each other. They argue and then have amazing make up sex. It's crazy but amaze at the same time. I can't put my finger on it but I love the so much. Liam is protective of Melody even though I think she is the strongest woman I have ever read a book about. I love how Olivia got her revenge against her rapist. I think it helped her come out of her shell and not be so closed off.

Towards the end of the book, Olivia started to annoy and piss me off so much. Melody made her strong again and she that for granite. I had liked Olivia in the first book. I liked that she was a bitch but was mostly quiet and did want she was told. In this book, she turned into a completely different person. I think since she killed her rapist she got some of her freedom back and she felt strong again, but she took it way too far. She turned on the people that made her better. It seemed like all she wanted was power and she will do whatever it takes to get that power.

I hated the way the book ended. I need the next book now. I hope Liam and Melody find their way back to each other and Olivia gets what is coming to her. I hate cliffhangers.

No comments:

Post a Comment