Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Double Dare (Neighbor From Hell #6) by R.L. Mathewson


I love the Neighbor From Hell Series. I can't get enough of this series. It's one of the best series I have read. I love all the Bradford men and I can honestly say I would have a hard time picking my favorite man. I love their obsession with food and yes it's an obsession. They can't enough of food; it's a little crazy. I love food and eating just as much as the next person but they take their food eating serious.

Double Dare is just like most of the other books in the series. Crazy food obsessed Bradford man. It's funny, hot and has a hint of seriousness to it. Darrin is a hot sexy cop that isn't afraid of a little dare. Marybeth has been around the Bradford boys ever since she was a kid. Their craziness and food loving selves can't scare her away. All the Bradfords love her and consider her family. Some of the past characters make appearance in this book. Mostly, Jason and Trevor and a little Danny.

Darrin is in love with his best friend Marybeth. He has always wanted her even though she's just in it for the sex. I could tell Marybeth wanted Darrin just as much as he wanted her, she was just too in her head. It drove me crazy. I wanted to scream at her and strangle her at the same time. Marybeth is a strong woman. Everything she has gone through since she was a teenager has made her the person she is. Darrin has a fun side and I loved that about him. It seems all the Bradford are funny and love food.

While I loved this book, there was something missing that made it great. The first couple of books in the series were wonderful but with the last couple of books, something is missing and I can't figure it out. I know in this book I didn't like how the sentences just ended during mid sentence. It was annoying. I want to read complete sentences. The book jumped around a little and I didn't like that too much. Double Dare starts with Marybeth and Darrin already hooking up and I would have like to read how that came about. It said how they met and became friends but ended there. Also, Darrin gives Marybeth a choice, get married or they're done and then the next chapter they're married. It didn't say how that happen or anything. I would finish one chapter and the next chapter would be talking about something else and I felt like I missed something. It was a little confusing. The book was said to be read after The Game Plan but I don't think that's really necessary. They are two complete different books that just share some characters.

The next book in the series in Reese's story and I am looking forward to that one. I hope it turns out great like the first couple of books in the series. It does look promising.

No comments:

Post a Comment