Thursday, May 7, 2015

Silver Bastard (Silver Valley #1) by Joanna Wylde


I loved Joanna Wylde and her writing style. Her books are perfection. Silver Bastard was a great quick read for me. Once I picked it up, I could not put it down. I had to know what was going to happen with the characters. I had some problems with it but overall it was still a good book and I can't wait for the next book in the series. I love how this series is different than her other series the Reapers MC. It isn't about a MC but a town and the people that live there. I loved all the characters. Joanna Wylde did not disappoint with this book.

I don't remember the Silver Bastard in any of the Reapers MC books but past characters from those book make an appearance in this book and I was a little confused. It seemed like the two MC were close but I don't ever remember them being mentioned. I remember Puck but I didn't know he belonged to Silver Bastard. I feel like I should read the other books again just to see if they're in them.

Puck was hot and sexy. Becca constantly said she couldn't figure out what he was but I think he was hot. He saved her and was madly in love with and didn't even know it. He watched and protected her for 5 years. If that doesn't say love I don't know what does. Becca was a little annoying. She couldn't figure out what she wanted. It drove me crazy. One minute she wanted Puck, the next she didn't. I could only guess how Puck felt with her mood changes. Becca had a habit of over explaining things and that was a little annoying too. I know that's how the character was written but it was still annoying nonetheless.

Puck and Becca's chemistry was crazy hot off the charts. From the beginning that had some serious chemistry no matter how hard they fought it, it was there. Once that got together, they were explosive. They had some very steamy sex scenes. Becca was one lucky lady.  Puck was loyal to Becca. He kept her save and he made it known to her how much he wanted her. He was also a little bit of an asshole. He would only think sometimes with one head and it wasn't the one on his shoulders. He didn't care if they were arguing or if Becca was mad, when he wanted it, he wanted it right then.

I didn't like Becca's mom or step-dad or their role in the book but I guess the book needed a plot and drama and that was them. I am glad her step-dad got what he deserved in the end but I wish her mom would have gotten something. She played Becca and let her step-dad treat her bad and did nothing. Becca's mom is suppose to protect and love her but all she loved was her drugs. I don't really like parents like that. And I don't like reading about them. 

I can't wait for the next book in the series. I hope it comes out soon. There are some people I would love to read about. Maybe, Danielle or Shane. There were some serious great side characters in this book that would make great lead characters for the next book.

No comments:

Post a Comment