Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Raze by Tillie Cole


I had my concerns about Raze. I was not sure if I should give Raze a chance since I didn't like the other books by Tillie Cole. I hated The Sweet Home Series but I am so glad that I read Raze. I liked Raze. It was different in a sense than the normal books I read. It was slow at the beginning and I wasn't really into the story all that much but it got better as the book went on. Raze is a dark love story with rape, violence and death. I loved the dark side. It was a bit predictable. I knew Raze was going to be the long lost Luka right from the beginning. It was kind of foreshadowing that point.

Raze was in a prison of some sorts where he was taught to fight until the other person is dead. He was raped, tortured and injected with drugs. He has killed over 600 men in his fights. He breaks out and sets a plan for revenge in motion to get back at the person who put him in the prison. He has no memory of his past except the name of the person and the city of where that person is located. Raze was dark, scary, protective and super sexy. I loved how he felt the need to protect Kisa even though he didn't remember her.

Kisa was a strong woman that let a man degrade her - her fiance.  I don't see how she could stay with someone that beat her, cheated on her and was so controlling. I kept thinking through the whole book if she would tell her dad what was happening, he would deal with her fiance. He dad didn't seem like the type of man that would want his daughter with that type of man. Kisa felt something for Raze the moment she saw him. She knew deep down he was the boy that she fell in love with and he was taken away from her.

Kisa and Raze grew up together and fell madly in love with each other. One day something horrible happen and Raze was taken away from her and she was told he died. She never believed he was gone or he did what he was accused of. After Raze was gone, his friend, Alik moved in on her. He was a horrible, crazy person. They were set to be married and her to become his perfect obedient wife.  After 12 years of Raze being in prison and away from Kisa he goes back to Brooklyn to destroy Alik. Once he is there he starts having all these members from his past. Kisa and Raze find there way back to each other. I liked how if love is meant to be then the people will find a way back to each other somehow. And that was the case for Kisa and Raze. Their love conquer everything.

I like the book and Raze and Kisa's love story. Alik was a little crazy and I was glad he died. I am so glad I gave this book a chance. It ended up being a great book. The only problem I had was with the Epilogue. It seemed too story for my liking. I would have liked to see what happen to Kisa and Raze years later rather than a couple of months after they realized who Raze really is.

No comments:

Post a Comment