Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Currently Reading....


I am currently reading the Divergent Trilogy by Veronica Roth. I know it's a series that came out years ago and it's for young adult but I don't really care. I watched the movie Divergent and it got me interested in the books. The books are of course better than the movies, that's how it always is, but I still liked the movie and I am excited about the Insurgent movie coming out soon. I like the person they got to play Tobias better than the Tobias in the book. 

I know the books are for young adult but I felt the characters are way more mature than the teenagers they are suppose to be. I don't think I could have done any of the things they were doing when I was 16. I kept picturing them as people in their 20s because some of the things they were dealing with and going through didn't feel like something a kid would know how to deal with. I think maybe watching the movie before I actually read the books is what made me think they were older too. Originally when I watched the movie I though Tris was 18 and Tobias was in his early 20s and I was blown away when I read the books and found out they were way younger.

I didn't like how the series ended. I don't like Tris dying. Every time I read a book I would there to be a happy ending and in this case I don't think that was possible. Tris and Tobias should of got their happy ending that the deserved after going through so much. I don't like that some of the characters they should have been killed off early in the series got to live and be happy. It didn't seem fair to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment